Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life's a Beach or That's How I Roll

Scene: We have just arrived home on a Monday night. Hubby is in the kitchen starting supper. Mommy and Munchkin are in the living room. Mommy has had a HORRIBLE day at her vampire of job that is sucking the life out of her as we speak, and wants nothing more than to NEVER go back there. Munchkin has been told repeatedly to let Mommy have a couple seconds to herself to relax. And she is of course, ignoring these requests.

Munchkin: (waving her sippy cup about 5 inches from my nose and whining) "Mommy can I have some apple juice"

Mommy: "We don't have apple juice"

Munchkin: "But I want apple juice"

Mommy: "We don't have apple juice. Now please let me have a few seconds"

Munchkin: (now with her face 5 inches from my nose) "Mommy can I have candy"

Mommy: "No, of course you can't have candy. Now go play"

Munchkin: (still 5 inches from my nose) "Mommy can I pway a Dora game"

Mommy: (losing patience) "No, you aren't supposed to touch Daddy's laptop. Please, give me a few seconds to relax!"

Munchkin: (now 3 inches from my nose) "But I want to pway a Dora game. I'm gonna to pway a Dora game. Mommy help me pway a Dora game"

Mommy: (now forcefully removing her from right in my face)"You can not play a Dora game right now"

Munchkin: (climbing back up in my face) "Mommy can I have some apple juice"

Mommy: (again forcefully removing her from right in my face, and getting really irritated) "Munchkin, I have asked you over and over again to give me just two seconds! Now if you don't get out of my face you are getting a spanking and you'll end up in your room until supper is ready! "

Munchkin: Picks up a roll of toilette paper from the table and holds it to her ear .... "Mommy! Mommy! I hear the ocean!!!!!!"

Score:
Munchkin: 1
Mommy: 0

No comments:

Visitors