Thursday, January 24, 2008

Don't Park Your Dishwasher Under a Tree

I believe, from personal experience of course, that the ultimate multi-tasking challenge for busy moms is getting all the daily household duties/errands done while spending quality time with the kiddos at the same time. To accomplish this feat I often employ my daughters help in the mundane day to day tasks. In this instance we were unloading the dishwasher and talking about her day.

Munchkin: (hands me a fork) "Here's a fork Mommy. Here's another fork Mommy. And another fork. And another fork. And a fork. And a poon. And a knife......"

Me: "WHOOOAA! I'll get the knives"

Munchkin: (lets the knife go, hands me another spoon) "And another poon. Hey! this is my purple poon!" (dancing around the kitchen waving the plastic purple spoon and singing) "purple poon, purple poon, my poon is puuurrrppplleee! Yeah baby, yeah baby"

Me: "Alright, give me the spoon"

She hands me the spoon and starts playing on the floor. I continue putting dishes away. Shortly I notice she has unscrewed the cap on the rinse aid reservoir and is dipping it in the rinse aid then in the soap reservoir and back again.

Me: "Munchkin what are you doing?"

Munchkin: "I'm making bird poop Mommy"

Me: "What? Munchkin, what do you think bird poop is?

Munchkin: "Mommy, bird poop is gross --- Duh."


Huh???............


I guess this is just another episode of "Unsolved Mysteries - The Preschool Chronicles"

No comments:

Visitors