Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Epidemic

As some of you may have already heard (or been exposed to) our house was not immune to the current outbreak of cold/flu/plaque that is sweeping the nation. If you haven't had the "pleasure" of experiencing this year’s crop of nastiness count your blessings and pray that you don't. If you have had or are currently infested with the "black death", don't worry, you can put away your Last Will And Testament and your life insurance documentation, you will recover. But, do quarantine yourself and spare your loved ones. I digress.

When my little "Nurse Nightingale", who is constantly trying to take everyone’s "temtur" and bring them orange juice, finally succumb to a flu-induced fever I was still working my way back to a vague resemblance of health. So there we were, both cuddled up on our respective ends of the couch watching TV....

Munchkin: (who had actually been still for 10 minutes - it takes a 102 fever to accomplish this) abruptly sits up. She proceeds to pull a large blanket up from the floor and throw it on me, then lays back down.

Mommy: Ignores this and continues to watch TV.

Approximately 3 minutes go by.

Munchkin: Again abruptly sits up. Now speaking in an annoyed tone, " Mommy! Put your blankie on!".

Mommy: (Pulling the blanket toward my neck) "I have the blanket on, what's the problem?".

Munchkin: "Mommy, lay down, and don't talk to me. We are having the Flu".

She lays back down and watches TV.

No comments:

Visitors